A Non-Resident Importer (NRI) is a Non-Canadian Company that imports products on behalf of their Canadian customers. Becoming an NRI is the best way of increasing sales to Canada because it essentially removes the border and makes the Canadian customer feel like they are purchasing locally. This is very attractive to Canadians.
By including all the duty, tax, brokerage and shipping costs on your invoice to the Canadian customer, you are providing one landed price to their door. This makes it easier for them to see the benefits of purchasing outside of Canada. In addition, it’s easy to become an NRI and soon you will be confident in selling to a whole new market. Below outlines these benefits in point form.
Benefits of becoming a Non-Resident Importer (NRI)
- Easily sell to all of Canada
- Increase sales by instantly increasing your market size (35,000,000 new Canadian customers)
- Increase sales by instilling confidence in the Canadian buyer
- Increase sales by providing a domestic purchasing environment
- Control the process by managing the border, realize on time delivery
To begin setting up a Non-Resident importer account, proceed to Step 2.
Simple, Smooth, Efficient!